Below are guidelines to provide a better idea of what we’re looking for from contributor posts. This is purely foundational and we encourage adding your unique flair and personality to each post!
Each author will receive a author spotlight box including, a photo, links to personal projects, websites, social media pages, and blogs. This is an opportunity to fully self promote any other work outside of Reddy Yeti.
Areas to contribute
*All posts need to revolve around our brands/Outdoor adventures in some way*
This is an opportunity to share stories, experiences, wisdom, ideas, thoughts, and considerations pertaining to the outdoors, adventure/travel, our brands or any combination of the three! We will greatly favor uniqueness and creativity so don’t let this guide keep you from thinking outside the box. If you are planning a big trip (pacific Crest Trail, Appalachian Trail, Multi Day Treks/climbs) we want to hear about it!
- “How to” guides
- The Shrink it and pink it mentality in outdoor sports
- Tips and tricks when headed outdoors for a better experience
- Anthropomorphic perspectives of gear or natural features
- Satirical pieces as long as they fit our outdoors, adventure, and startup moti
- Fictional adventure short stories
Gear focused articles
When writing about gear we encourage as much enthusiasm and details as possible, including the brand and model when referencing gear. We prefer gear related articles to be as technical as possible (and we LOVE visual aids: graphs, diagrams, etc.)
Posts should be written under the assumption that the reader is comfortable with and understands the jargon of whatever sport or topic you are writing about. If you are discussing a less known or esoteric topic you are more than welcome to include footnotes or details for clarification.
- Popular Debates (Ex: east coast v west coast hiking)
- Top X ___ (Ex: Top 7 hammocks)
- Gear Anatomy, pros/cons, strengths/weaknesses
- Gear tricks, tips, and unconventional uses
- Purchasing Guides
- Gear comparison (Ex: outdoor startups vs big brands)
- How to use gear
We are always looking for photo and video content. While we love to hear the narrative behind each capture, we’re always happy to get more content to feature on our social pages of any and all things outdoors.
We ALWAYS credit the original photographer and will consistently tag and credit any submissions.
- Submissions must be made in MS word or a google doc file
- Please, be sure to double check your work
- All articles are subject to editing.
- Headlines and subheads are subject to change.
- Content may be edited for style, tone, or substance.
- Links may be added for context.
- Art/photos may be added at the discretion of Reddy Yeti staff.
- Articles may or may not be promoted on Reddy Yeti’s homepage, in our newsletters, and via our social feeds.
- Reddy Yeti may permit a select number of partner outlets to syndicate contributed articles that we’ve published originally.
Reddy Yeti requests that contributed articles remain exclusive to our site for 3 days, after which time they may be reprinted in part or in full on other sites, with a link back to the original article on Reddy Yeti. To repurpose or use Reddy Yeti articles for commercial purposes, please contact Matt@Reddyyeti.com.
Consider Reddy Yeti Values when writing:
- Integrity -- Be Honest, keep it 100
- Community -- Be Supportive. Reddy Yeti is a community first and foremost. We’re here to raise each other up not cut each other down.
- Inspire -- Excite and build STOKE for people to get outside! Bring you passion with you in your work!
- Innovate -- Think outside the box. Take risks. Be bold.